Friday, February 25, 2011

Month 2_Day 5 - He's Back

Matthew 11:28 Come to(B) me, all who labor and are(C) heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


Levi is feeling much better today I think. At least he is acting more like himself. It was terrible to watch him suffer all week. We need rest bad. Not just sleep but rest. Our minds need to be renewed. Things should be quiet for the next week or so. At least we really hope that they are. We have no choice at this point but to run to Him. We have no strength of our own that can over come this.

Levi does have some pretty crazy stuff going on right now. As we said he will try off of the vent again in 7-10 days, His feedings got upped again and they are adding in more protien and calories. The hope is to beef him up some by next week. Levi has a IV line in his head now. Thats is just plain crazy to me. That is the best place to get veins in babies. Levi also has pneumonia now according to his lung cultures. He is getting antibiotics and breathing treatments to knock it out. This may be a contributing factor to him failing this week.

For my prayer warriors

Levi - get rid of pneumonia. Get off vent. No more infections. No swelling.

Trent & Anjie - Rest






2 comments:

  1. Trent & Anjie you both have my love and support I read this every night to be close to the situation and you two. I really would love to come to see you two soon. Please let me know when is the best time to come to see you both. Also to give a lil comfort to you a work with someone and her baby was in the same state as Levi. We had a business meeting at work the other day and she brought her baby in he is 12lbs now. He spent 3 months in intensive care. I know this is hard to see him bounce back and forth but he has a strong will about him. And god always knows what he is doing sometimes in life we have to step back and let god run the show when comes to things. I know in my heart Levi will be fine through all this. Everything will work out one way or another. Keep your faith its important and hold on to each other for support. I love you all very much. I post this on my Facebook page also and it has touched some of my friends hearts.

    God bless : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent & Anjie -- you are amazing parents to Levi! God indeed has His hand in this. I remember my daughter having the IV in her head too and I thought "how horrible" - it is almost inconceivable, but not as bad as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete