Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 15 - The Storms Will Come

Matthew 7 24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

I realize that I already used this scripture once last week. I don't really choose how God deals with me though He gets to dictate that. He has been bringing this to my mind all evening. I used to work at a grocery store in highschool and college. Living around Wilmington we get threatened by hurricanes quite often. I remember very well the crazy days leading up to each storm. No one prepares for anything ahead of time. It seems that living in an area like this we would store up a few supplies for those storms that might hit. That makes entirely too much sense. Instead everyone runs to the store the day before and wipes out the shelves. I feel like thats how we treat God most of the time. Jesus tells us very simply how to weather these storms of life but we ignore Him. It's a proactive preparedness not a rash reaction He is speaking of. What if we were to live as if we know the storm will eventually come? Instead we assume they will not come and we take God for granted. We want Him to be there when the storms do come but we are only interested in a one way relationship. Thats not how it works to walk in a mature way with Christ. We must inernalize His words and also put them into action in our lives. I know its not always the comfortable way to live but it's how He refines us. Notice I said we & us allot? I am just sharing how God is dealing with our own hearts hoping he can use it to touch others.

As far as Levi's medical care I would say he is decent. He is higher on his vent settings today which makes us nervous but the staff seems to be okay with it. He is still above his birth wieght which is awesome. He gets the last dose of his medicine for the heart tonight. The doctor seemed confident that it should really start to show progression soon. We are watching the urine output to make sure his kidneys are functioning. We are really just in wait mode but please don't let up with the praying!

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - That the medicine will shut the duct. That his head will not swell. That he will get no infections. That his lung fuctions will get better

Trent & Anjie  Peace, Rest, & Wisdom

Either Levi had an itch he wanted to scratch or the nurse was in a hurry. Either way we got a good laugh at seeing him with his hands down his pants!


3 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you all! He is such a beautiful blessing to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blessed day as mine has been blessed during these moments I spent with you. God speaks so greatly through you all!

    ReplyDelete