Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 14 - Wonderfull Designer

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.


The detail in God's designs have always blown my mind. Knowing Levi for the past two weeks has really taken that to a new level. I love the outdoors because growing up my Dad always made sure we spent more time outside than inside when we were home. It's for that reason I came to really appreciate God as the designer of everything. Nature screams out at us the presence of a designer! Getting to be a part of Levi's medical care has only confirmed those belief's in my mind. Just looking at the detail of his hands and feet is a beautiful picture in itself. Watching his heart get scanned was quite amazing too. All of the chambers move in sync with each other to pump blood through the body. Its funny to me that our human brains can't even fully understand how the human brain works yet. Think on that for a minute. The complexity of the human body tells me that it couldn't have just all happened. Did we really all just form over millions of years out of nothing? Are we trying too hard to explain something when the answer may be right in our faces? Either way I think you must have allot of faith. Its up to us to choose where we put our faith...

Levi is doing well today. He seems more irritable this week. His dad is more irritable this week too so I think I can relate. His brain scan confirmed there is no extension of the bleed. This is great news. His urine output picked up enough that he is getting his medicine for the murmur to close. For now we don't have to consider the surgery. He had his first real bowl movement. I know that doesn't seem like big news but it actually is. He was taken off of the antibiotics because there are no signs of infection. As you can tell Levi is progressing forward again.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - that he responds to the medicine and the valve closes fully this time. That he will not get an infection. That his head doesn't swell. That he lives another day.

Brandon- I met his mom today. Brandon was born at 31 weeks due to a ruptured placenta. He was without oxygen for a while which caused brain damage. I told his mom that I had a couple of people that would want to lift him up. What do you think? Can we lift up baby Brandon?

Trent & Anjie - rest, peace, & wisdom






5 comments:

  1. Anjie and Trent he is so pretty or maybe I should say handsome.lol A baby is always pretty.Thank you so much for all the pictures.That is so thoughtful of you and Anjie.Anjie can you tell us how you are doing?Trent I hope your days at work is not to hard on you.I know you need your rest too Trent.Father in the name of your precious Son (Jesus Christ).Thank you so much for giving little Levi and his parents a peaceful night sleep.Give them strength to go to the next day.Maybe some now as they shear there stories of Levis to many ,you will blessed and glorify of there faith.Please help them have joy as then know you are so near to them and see so many on that ward be touch because there faith .Father we know it isn't themselves that blessed others and we know that it you Father.But we understand that it is the obedience of Anjie and Trent in you Lord......AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the midst of your trials, you ask for prayer for someone else. I am just in awe of what God is doing through you (and I don't even know you). I look forward to reading your blog each day and am so thankful for the strength and the words that God gives you. I love knowing how best to pray for Levi, you and Anjie. You are pouring out positive in the midst of what 99.9% of people in this world would not be positive about. I hope you know how much of a testimony you are to so many people. Words cannot even describe how much you have touched my life. I look at Levi and I see the most beautiful baby boy. He's so perfect! I get excited when I think of your future blog posts and can't wait to read what you're all up to years down the road. God has used you, Anjie, and Levi in such a grand way already. This blog is a blessing. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unity in the Spirit - yesterday I prayed over Levi with Psalm 139 and you've posted that scripture today! It's just even more confirmation of the great things the Lord is doing and that His word will not return empty (Isaiah 55:11)!

    Thank you for opening up your family to us - after all, we're one family in Christ, so if the Lord blesses one, he blesses us all, and if the enemy tries to come against one, he's got all of us to deal with!

    Prayers to you (and baby Brandon)! So thankful to rejoice with you in victory!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you guys, but what a testimony you two have. To ask for prayer for another while in the midst of such a trial in your lives is amazing. I have been following your blog after a friend posted it on her facebook and I have been so moved by your faith. Know that you are being lifted up in my prayers and also my Life Group prayed for you guys on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Levi! Congratulations on reaching a preemie milestone - a poopy diaper! You're a determined little guy with a fighting spirit and you have a multitued of people praying for you and your two wonderful parents. Keep growing stronger each day Levi.

    ReplyDelete