Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 23 - Conqueror

Romans 8 37No, in all these things we are more than(BR) conquerors through(BS) him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

A good friend of ours shared Romans 8:37 with us as a possible life verse for Levi. I think it fits him perfectly. He came out of the womb conquering many challenges through Christ in Whom he receives his strength. As I continued to read I realized this verse tends to get left off of the front end of a very famous passage of scripture. To be conquered would mean to be separated from Christ's love due to sin which is only of this world. It's true though that through Christ we have not been separated one time from God's love during this journey. Through this time God is only building Anjie, Levi & I so strong that nothing will ever be able to take us down. Sometimes I believe God sees cracks in our foundation that we may never notice or may ignore as we think they are insignificant. God doesn't just want to patch them over and move on. He wants to tear it all down and build it new again. We thank Him so much for that! He is not a sloppy builder! He is the perfecter of our faith! There are no things now or things to come that I am afraid of at this point. I could have never spoken that with sincerity before. I would have been lying if I tried to say I wasn't full of insecurities. Now I feel fully confident to lead my family against any powers this earth has to offer.

I can't really lie to you Levi had a pretty rough day today. He actually is doing really well with his recovery from surgery. He was doing so well that the doctors felt he was ready to get off of the vent and on the CPAP. After some issues with getting a seal with one style he ended up with a good seal. By the time it was all said and done he just worked to hard and had to go back on the vent. This doesn't tell nearly the whole story of the day. Its just a quick summary. He should be trying again this week. Otherwise things are going well with him. He really does need to get off of that vent asap.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - Get of that vent! Try some more food. No infections. No swelling.

Anjie - Peace!

Trent - Rest...trouble sleeping recently.

I through in a couple of extra pics to make up for the last couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment