Monday, February 21, 2011

Month 2_Day 1 - One Month Old

Romans 12 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;


Please continue to pray with us. Its been a month now. I never thought I would count Levi's B-day in months but here I am. I am really just counting it in days. Of course we should celebrate this achievment though. One month ago Levi was born and I thought there was no way he would live. That may sound terrible to some but I knew nothing about preemies. It also shows a lack of faith on my part I know. Now through strong prayer support Levi has beaten the odds. He is a long way from being out of the woods. I still must give thanks that he has lived this long. Lets just keep praying and giving God thanks for every day. The winds of the storm continue to blow but our house can't be taken down. No matter what we will still proclaim victory.

Levi gave us quite a scare tonight. He had a mucus plug in his vent tube. It took a little while to figure out what was happening. He turned white as a ghost on us and his oxygen saturation dropped from the 90s to the 30s. He came through it just fine once the clog was suctioned out. I have to admit being the one who is normally not shaken. I was scared for his life. This was just another reminder of how delicate life is.

Other than that he had a quiet day. He is getting extubated tomorrow. The doctor wanted to give him one more day and plan out the attack. They think this time will be it but no promises. This will happen around 10 am so please join us in praying. Levi had his feeds increased again. He is getting closer to getting off of the IV fluids. He is no longer getting lipids because he is getting enough fat from her milk.

For my prayer warriors

Levi - To stay off the vent. No infections. Continue to tolerate the milk. No swelling.

Trent & Anjie - peace & rest

3 comments:

  1. Its been hard for me to get back on here.For some reason our computer stop working.And I wanted to here from you so bad,some how.But I still prayed anyway,and God gave me peace.He is so good to as.Well now about you,I read up on Levi and saw all the pictures .And I can say again the Lord is so good to keep us just where he want us .The pictures are great ,and he is growing so much.We can truely say we have seen a miricles,with Levi life and all that this story has tough .It may not show right now with us but God has planted the seed.Trent thank you so much for your imagine devotion in the blog .We all know you have a lot on your plate and your time is so pushed.When Fathers have to go through this they know how you feel and where you are coming from just having to find the time ,you start to write or go to work .Because I know you dont want to leave Anjie or the baby.I pray more for you at this point I can only imagine what that is doing to you. But with the love you have for the Lord ,Anjie and Levi thats ok .But as God remind us ...That: this will past to ,in time.I pray for you to have a refreshesing in your spirit and you body to feel you can cimb mountiones if this is where God has called you ....Amen, So you all be bless to night as you sleep ,for God loves us so .And you are never alone ,Gods angels are encamped around his people watch over you always ....I love you all give Levi a kiss for me.Love Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful boy! And he has grown so much in the last month. I look forward to checking in on you guys daily. Levi has reminded me how precious life is and that we should celebrate every day we have with our loved ones, not just the ones marked as special on a calendar. Much love, prayers, and best wishes to the three of you.

    ReplyDelete