Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 31 - The Marriage

He who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

 I believe Proverbs 18:22 of course so I realize what a blessing it is to have Anjie. God has truly blessed me to be married at all. He has really blessed me to give me Anjie specifically. It takes a special woman to put up with me in the first place. Anjie and I met at a singles function for our church here in Wilmington NC. We still go to ScottsHill Baptist now and hope to raise Levi there. It is such a blessing to be apart of a love filled bible believing church. Anjie doesn't actually remember that fondly the first time we met. I remember very well though seeing her across the room sitting on the couch. I was very interested right away but she was right out of a bad relationship so there of course was no interest other than friendship on her side. It's a good thing though because I was not ready to be a Godly husband for her. Over the next nine months we slowly got to know each other. It was the right way to build our relationship in my opinion. It was just friendship and it was all in a group setting. Mean while God renewed a hunger in each of us for His word and for His service. The whole nine months I really had a crush on her but I also had a huge amount of respect for her wish not to date. She made that very clear in general conversation that she was only interested in seeking God's heart. Did I mention that I was scared? Yep that was a big part of it too. I was never much with knowing how to deal with the ladies. We spent allot of time together at church and in bible studies along with just hanging out on the weekends. Eventually we became very good friends. Finally a mutual friend saw something between us and gave me some much needed encouragement to ask her out. Anjie said yes but our original plan fell through. We ended up taking a walk around Greenfield Lake and eating at Wendy's. I knew right away this was my kind of girl. She is still very low maintenance. We only dated for six months before we got engaged. We were married on June 3rd 2006 here in Wilmington at the same church we met at. I cant say things have always been perfect and rosey. I do know that even through some rough times we have had God has still been there. We know that marriage is meant to be permanent and we plan to make it work no matter what. Levi coming in the way he has really has put many of the petty disagreements we have in a new light. On a side note just to share a God thing with you. Anjie went to college with my brother and sister in law. I never met her through them but after she moved here. My brother apparently had been asking for prayer for me during their FCA meetings. He was concerned about some of my lifestyle choices. We put it together much later on that Anjie had been praying for me long before we met. Her prayers had an impact on many choices I made before we met. How cool is that?

Levi is having a quiet day. He is currently laying on Anjie. He is resting up for another try off of the vent. It should be tomorrow or Tuesday. He hasn't shown any signs of infection or swelling on his brain. He is tolerating his feedings very well.



For my prayer warriors 

Levi - Get off & stay off the vent! No infections. No swelling. Get to full feedings from milk.

Trent & Anjie - peace & rest





4 comments:

  1. Trent is very unique how God brought you guys together.. We have a similar story and we know in our hearts that God brought us together. We just celebrated our 30th Ann. in Jan.. I pray that God continues to bless your marriage and Lil Levi.. We too go to SHBC.. (@ 9:30 Worship Center) We look forward to the day when we see you guys with Levi at Church.... Praying for you all..God Bless..

    p.s. If you get a chance, listen to "Praise You In The Storm" by Casting Crowns.. God used this song during my battle with breast cancer and it has become my life song... I pray you it touches you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all the history of how you met and the circumstances of Levi's early birth. I check your blog everyday and pray for Levi. I live in Indiana. I'm a grandma of 3 young boys. I also LOVE Praise You In This Storm. My mom died 2 years ago and it spoke to me then and continues to. "Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand". Thank You, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Ronna!!!
    "You never left my side and though my heart was torn I will praise you in the storm!"...." I lift my eyes until the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and earth".........

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this love story brought back so many memories from when Anjie and I lived together:) I remember her getting off the phone with somebody and saying to me, "guess who likes me?"
    It is great how God brought you two together and continues to bless your marriage. I am grateful to have you both as friends!
    Anjie- I hope to come and visit some more this week...Talk to you then:)
    Loving and Praying for Levi-Peggy

    ReplyDelete