Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 9 - He is peeking at you...


Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! Psalm 100:4

Family really does matter. We have been blessed with all of the support from that end that we could ever hope for. We have had a great visit this weekend with some of Anjie's family. We will definately give God all of the praise for that. He is so good to us in so many ways. Not once have we felt alone in all of this. It is so sad too me to see the other families in here that don't know Him and I wonder how they make it through. I just want to thank all of you who have our back out there. We love you and I promise we are not taking you for granted!

Levi is steadily progressing forward. As I think about his situation I still realize he could face many complications. We just have to hope and pray none of those things happen. He has been increased on his feeds and so far seems to be digesting it. We have been told this can be the biggest challenge. The nurses continually measure his head and no swelling yet. His PDA is still small which is also great news. He still needs a mainline put in so that may have to be done in the next day or two. We did get the results on a culture from his throat and there are no bad bacterias right now.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - That he will remain stable. That his blood will clear out with no swelling. That he will get no infections. That the PDA will remain small or finish closing. That he will safely get the mainline  he needs.

Anjie - Peace & rest

Me - Peace & wisdom to lead my family

Levi is peeking at you. Yes his eyes opened almost fully tonight!







1 comment:

  1. Anjie and Trent,
    I just wanted to share a verse with you that God showed me this morning.

    Job 23:10
    But He knows the way that I take [He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it]. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold [pure and luminous].

    God is refining you! He loves you and baby Levi so much. I am praying for a miracle and the beautiful refinement of you both that only God can do!

    BIddy

    ReplyDelete