Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 10 - Just Another Day

Psalm 40
1I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.
 3 He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.
 
I never thought we would feel settled here or that this would feel normal. The staff here is really amazing & with friends & family around all of the time you almost feel at home. Today Levi opened his eyes fully for the first time. I thought we should go throw a party or something. Its amazing how through a trial the little things become so huge. I am sure that after this things like going on dates or putting our toes in the sand at the beach will feel amazing.

The reality is that we are just normal parents. Those of you who have children can identify completely with these little victories. You would also do anything we are doing and more to see your child through a tough time. Children are truely a blessing from God. If you don't have children but are thinking of having them please don't let this scare you off. Every second we spend in this hospital during the tough times will be worth it to watch him grow up.

Levi has really had a great week. After last weekend I never could have imagined how far he would have come. He has been taking his feedings like a champ. He seems to be digesting but we are waiting on some movement now before moving forward. His head has not swelled yet which is great news so far. His BP is still very stable which is sign that the PDA is not an issue. He got his PICC (sp?) line in which will now be used for medicine & fluids. This is huge because it means he will not need a broviac implanted. There has been haziness on his lungs but it seems to be clearing with a diuretic.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - No infections, swelling on the brain, no return of the murmor. This sounds funny but pray for a bowl movement and continued progress in feeding.

Anjie - Pray for strength as I try to go back to work.

Trent - Pray for focus and peace as I will not be around as much this week.

4 comments:

  1. You'll find the little things mean the most.. when my son was in neonatal unit at Pitt, just opening his eyes was a big thing.. or finally 'breathing room air" I was so happy to hear that. Just know Levi and all of you are in our thoughts and prayers. God is going to see you through this. He is holding little Levi's hand through it all. May God continue to bless you and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Levi new hat ,he will make the new fashion statement to all little boys,I see that his eyes are open , and he is a little sweetie.Dear Lord Please give Anjie and Treat peace in there hearts when the time comes to leave little Levi as they have to go do other thing and prepare for the Baby to come home.and when it is time to go back to work.I can truly say they have fought the good fight .This wasn't easy to them ,but they love there little boy you gave them.As they truly love you Lord, thank you for loving them....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jesus for a week moving forward for Levi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all prayed for you little buddy. God will give you strength, He will always be with you. With Him all things are possible. We will continue to pray for you Levi.CF2; Pastor Ernie.

    ReplyDelete