Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 1-Levi's Birthday

Day one was CRAZY to say the least! I guess that was the word of the day. It was absolutely a humbling experience to see the birth of Levi. As much as we wanted him to stay put God had other plans for his life. We know He has a huge purpose for Levi's life...so how can you question Him? Isn't he the creator of all things? Isn't He the One who knit Levi together in Anjie's womb? Of course we have questioned God at times but its from a human perspective just to try and wrap our little minds around this plan He has. I believe God answered me late last night. He answered me with a question. How many people can impact their world so much on DAY ONE of their life? I know I cant say I did. I know it changed my parents lives when I was born. Levi had a chance at one day old to show many people that God is alive! He does answer prayers! He does love us all! He is the wonderful designer! You guys should not be sad for Levi or sad for us. We are overflowing with joy right now. As they constantly tell us in NICU we take things one day at a time from here on out. We fully understand that we are not promised one more second with Levi. So lets praise God for every second he gives us! Not just for Levi's life but in our own lives as well. Don't waste anther second!!!!

On the medical side of things...Anjie is resting well. No complications so far with her. She will get to hold her little boy for the first time this morning. There is definitely some anxiety with that but I think it will be eased very quickly. Levi is resting well too. He has the tube out and is breathing on his own from a CPAP mask. His heart rate has stayed stable so hopefully we see progression.

For you prayer warriors:
Pray for Anjie's continued healing
Pray for Levi to continue accepting the oxygen well & for his lungs to develop fully
Pray for me that my anxieties will be eased about the health of my wife & son

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you guys started a blog!!! I LOVE reading blogs and was thinking myself how Levi needed one:) Praying and thinking about all of you constantly! God is good! Love you all!-Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys started this blog! This will make it a lot easier to keep up with what is going on :) We are praying for you guys constantly! Love you all! The Grecos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I knew this was about your family after reading just a few sentences and before seeing any pics. I think it was the dedication to him and determination to celebrate his life that clued me in. You truly are an amazing family. Levi has so much going for him because of the incredible parents he has been blessed with. Lucky, lucky, lucky little man he is to be so loved. And lucky we all are that you are sharing your journey with us...thank you.

    Keeping you all in my prayers,

    Rachel (NICU family support/former NICU mom)

    ReplyDelete