Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 5 - God's Peace


Phil 4:4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

What a peaceful day. Thank God for one more day of life for Levi. Of course we still realize the severity of the situation but God's peace does surpass all understanding. Sure he hasn't answered every request the way we want everytime. He is still with us & He is still in control. Its His world we are just living in it. Anjie found peace today in the form of a trip home. We ran her out of here because she hasnt been resting enough for her own health. Her mother took her to the house and pampered her all day long. My wife looks like a new woman now that she is rested. I found peace today in a little father son bonding. I promised Anjie to stay by his bedside and thats mostly what I did. I did change my first diaper ever today. I used to joke around with people that I wanted my first diaper change to be with my own child so it would be special. Little did I know how true those words would end up being. After the diaper change I was able to put my hands on him for a long while and start letting him know my prescense. Hopefully this is not too much info but I wanted to give more insight into our day in case anyone was wondering. I have no profound words of wisdom but just know God can calm a storm just as quickly as he allows one to start.

On the medical side we did get word of the PDA being still of a moderate size. The slight improvement did give the doctor peace of mind to not start another course of medication right away. Anjie is still swelling and sore but I havve seen much improvement in her mobility. I slept a full night last night so I am slowly getting to normal.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi- for continued closing of the PDA. For the brain scan on Thursday to be better news than before.

Anjie- Continued healing and peace

Trent- Continued peace of mind.

Check this wonderful site out



6 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful it is to see God working in yours and Anjies lives and to see the peace of God all around you.It good to know little Levi is doing better and better .God will never fell us and he is always never. When just one word from you asking for help ,its good to know he isn't to busy .As we praise the Lord at this time and see how good and true he is ,we also feel his love so presents to us .Trent you are a good man,its easy to see and I see how Godly and strong you are in your walk .Now that you have a family ,a son at that he will fellow in your foot steps .Isn't it a wonderful thing to know ? Anjie honey,you are a woman that looks for all the good in every one and a mighty women of God? So as you Trent and Anjie see time goes on ,watch how God is willing to see you through the next bump in the road.Just keep trusting our Lord.You have a lot to offer many in your faith I LOVE YOU! Hugs and kiss to you both and sweet little Levi.....Your Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo! Trent, your blog entries are such a touching reminder of your faith and trust...we look forward to reading and sharing them daily with all of Anjie's co-workers. As a nurse, I can't help but think what a difference you are making to those are caring for Baby Levi...you are shining a light that could change a life. We are steadfastly praying for your peace and strength and for Levi's health. God bless, Karen Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you start your posts with God's Word -- how fitting. You really have a way with words, Trent, and I so look forward to reading your posts each day. This is the perfect way to share with us all that's going on -- emotionally with you guys and physically with Levi.

    We're keeping you guys in our prayers, praying for strength and rest for all 3 of you, continued healing for Anjie & Levi, and peace & wisdom for you as you try to figure out what comes next in the grand scheme of things (being the husband & father, you know :).

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family Trent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to read that you guys have finally gotten some rest. I love all of the pictures you are posting and I don't think you are giving out too much info at all...it makes us all feel that we are right there beside you, even though we all can't be. You both continue to be an inspiration to us all of how to respond when life just turns upside down! Thank you for sharing your heart so openly Trent! Love you for that!
    Love,
    Joel & Kelley & kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby and what a beautiful Christ-like spirit you have. Continue the posts as it give all of us the tools we need to continue to lift you all up in prayer. God is and always has been the God of Provision and I know he will provide you with exactly what you, Angie and Levi need. Praying for you all~

    ReplyDelete