Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 8 - Steadfast Under Trial

James 1: 12(U) Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive(V) the crown of life,(W) which God has promised to those who love him.

There are definately times that I feel like we might just break down. Just simple things such as hearing the baby across the hall crying can make you tear up. We can't wait to hear Levi cry one day soon. We can't wait to see him smile or even open his eyes one day. We fully understand though that before time began God purposed us for such a great task as facilitating Levi's life. We had to take the difficult track all so that through these trials the glory of God will be known. We realize that his glory may be known simply through the little miracles we see every day. The wonders of the human body just scream out there is a designer! We are truely thankful to have this opportunity to be parents. We will stand steadfast during these times realizing our treasures lay in heaven and not here on earth.

I never could have imagined that this blog would have such an impact on lives. I have been told many times that lives are being touched by this. It was started purely to keep friends and family informed. I do not at all like the attention that it brings on us. Do not point any impact the blog or Levi makes to any thing less than the Holy Spirit of God. We are only vessels in which He uses to make himself known to all nations. Answer that call if you hear him speaking do not deny it one more time.

I know you all want to know about the scan. God has answered your prayers and stopped the bleeding. One side of the brain looks clear the other side is starting to clot. This is the body naturally trying to move the blood out.This is where the damage is done though. As the blood is carried away along goes parts of the brain. That impact will not be known untill much later on. This does bring other possibilities into play. Those clots can impede the natural flow of fluids from the brain causing swelling. If this happens a sort of drain has to be put in to drain it. Of course the less procedures the better so we don't want that to happen. His aterial line was removed today so he needs a new line of some kind put in. The first try wasnt sucessful so hopefully it will happen next try.

For my prayer warriors:

Levi - For the blood to leave quickly leaving no damage. For the line to go in next try. For no swelling on his brain. Please God no infections anytime soon!

Anjie - Peace of mind, continued healing & rest.

Trent - calmed anxioties and rest



2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I didn't get to write any thing on this date . But I lost it some how when I tried to post it.Anjie ,oh how sweet the picture of Anjie, baby and Grandpa.Anjie your and Daddy and Mama are so proud of you .I know by now you have seen Shannon ,I can imagine how she love you and little Levi.That's how sisters are,They share it all. And I think Levi is growing some.He is so sweet and I wish I can do something for you all ,If you need me feel free to ask and I will come.I am still praying and God is still working .The baby is pretty like his mama and good like his Daddy .I love you ,Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of your Dad stealing a kiss is so precious. I cannot believe how adorable Levi is. I love his name it fits him perfect. He is one lucky little fellow to have parents and grandparents like he will have. You have to promise to let Aunt Becky keep him for you when you come to town to visit your parents. I worked in the newborn nursery for around five years and I can change tiny, med and large diapers with the best of them .. :). I am going to be a prayer warrior. Love all of you and if we can do anything at all just let your Mom know. Love Becky and Emily

    ReplyDelete