Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 6 - The High Side

Isaiah 41:10Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

So Levi has all of these monitors hooked to him constantly dinging. As parents we hang on every ding as if it means there is something terribly wrong with him. In reality unless you see the nurses burst through the door in a complete panic everything is just fine. The Oxygen saturation level is the one we hang the most because in our feeble minds thats the most important. He needs to get plenty of oxygen to survive. This monitor is currently set on a alarm range between 84-94%. If it hits the bottom number they call that the low side and the other number is the high side. I feel like we have been living on the high side the last two days. We are fully Saturated with love. No one could have explained to me what the outpouring would look like and I couldnt explain it now if I tried. It's just a perfect picture of what God meant by us living as the body of Christ. I feel like we are an injured part of the body and the rest of the body is repairing us so that we can all move foward. God has used you guys in a mighty way to strengthen us, help us and hold us up. Thank you so much for your support. Each of you have had some form of positive impact on us and we will never be able to thank you. Maybe we will one day be able to pay you back in the form of support like you have given us. It may sound mean or cruel but I hope some day everyone of you will be stripped of your self so that God can rebuild you better than before. I mean that in the most loving way!

Another reason we are living on the high side is that Levi is taking baby steps foward. I want to it call recovery but he has never been this healthy in his short life. His blood pressure is stable. His blood sugar is stable. His PDA is small to moderate now meaning he does not need another course of medicine right away. He is close to getting the Billy light off. He tried breathing through the CPAP today but wasnt quite ready. Can you say God answers prayers? We are anxious about the brain scan in the morning that will give us an idea of the progress of the bleed. Anjie is still sore so we need to see more healing there. Thank God for another day of life for Levi!

For my prayer warriors:

Levi-For the PDA to remain closed. For the bleeding to stop. For the blood pressure to stay stable. For him to breath on his own so his mommy can hold him.

Anjie-Peace of mind to rest. Healing from the surgery.

Trent-Peace of mind that my wife and son will be fine.

Levi kicked back living on the high side shades and all.


8 comments:

  1. Psalm 27:
    4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
    this only do I seek:
    that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
    all the days of my life,
    to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
    and to seek him in his temple.
    5 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
    he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent, your posts are so encouraging. Thanks for sharing. We're praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great update. I pray that today will be another good day for all three of you. Your blog has been so inspirational and such a testimony... Levi is blessed to have parents like you guys.
    Psalm 84
    11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12 O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing you can do for your son is to be a Christ-centered father which you continue to do. You are an incredible testimony for all of us parents who pray that God provides the best for our children. What a lucky little boy to have you and Anjie as parents! Our prayers for all three of you are continuous and we celebrate with you in every victory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is an AWESOME photo of your son...so glad to read the encouraging post today. We're still covering you guys in prayer. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are still praying for you. Praying each moment he gets stronger and stronger. That he will climb each hurdle with God holding his hand. We just have to trust and believe. I pray God's blessings on all of you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES LORD! continue to pour out your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are praying constantly, as well as many of my friends and family throughout the country and world. whom you may never meet. The Lord is doing a new thing in your family, and for His glory! May God continue to heal baby Levi and Anjie!

    “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
    Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV

    ReplyDelete