Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Month 3_Day 3 - Only Human

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

 
This may not even be necessary but I feel lead to explain myself and I believe I can speak for Anjie as well. There are two thoughts by those of you reading this blog. Some of you that have known me for a while probably can't believe I am writing some of these things. I have done many things that may have hurt you or contradicted what I am saying here. Some of you who are reading this have never met me before or barely know me. You may be thinking that I am a great Godly example. You may not see my flaws at all through my writings.
 
So who is the real Trent? Well unfortunately I may have to admit I have been both at times in my life. I have definitely made many mistakes. I also strive everyday to become a better man. I strive to become more like Jesus everyday that I walk on this earth. Yes you could probably call me a hypocrite at times. That's because I don't always rely on God's strength but instead walk in my own flesh. I am the type of person who wears his feelings on his sleeve. The beautiful thing about God is that he forgives me. If we surrender ourselves and submit our will to him he washes it all away. That doesn't give me the right to sin without conviction. I can't walk around doing what I want when I want and expect to grow closer to Him. 
 
What I am trying to say is...please realize that Anjie & I are not looking to be put on a pedestal of any kind through our words or actions during these times. We are so humbled that God is using us through this event to touch lives. The unfortunate truth is that we opened our lives to everyone. We are living in a fish bowl now. If we profess these things to you I promise that we believe them wholeheartedly. At the same time please realize we will make mistakes. We are sorry if at any time our actions do not always match up with our words. Please do not see that as a reflection on our God. He is everything that we have said He is and MUCH more. We have plenty of rough times and I do not mean to make any other impression. This is the most difficult time either of us has ever faced. We love each of you and thank you for your support and understanding.
 
So for Levi things are going well. We are waiting to hear more about his liver labs. First glance didn't show major concerns though. A quick update on the vaccinations. These can be a point of contention for people as I realized doing some reading. This will have to be a decision Anjie and I will have to make. We will most likely not advertise these things further. Just so you know the doctor did recommend holding off until at least another month. One thing I really would like to praise God for especially. Levi hasn't had any swelling on his head. This is just a great blessing! Thanks for praying so much for that.
 
For My Prayer Warriors
 
Levi - No infections. Progress breathing. Progress with feeding. Good results on liver tests.
 
Trent and ANjie - Rest









2 comments:

  1. I think you sound like me....wanting very much to be more like Jesus everyday....wanting to trust God fully....praying for God to reveal every step to be taken...wanting Jesus to be seen in me. But I blow it often. I worry and fret about the next step. I focus on my problems.

    All I see thru your words, Trent, is a man trying hard to press into Jesus through a very firey trial. That's why I keep checking in. You encourage me. And I stand in awe at how God sustains the life of little almost 3 pounds Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there you two - We all love you and prayer for you continuously! Levi is looking healthier in his pics - praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete