Saturday, March 5, 2011

Month 2_Day 13 - Still Off of the Vent

1 Peter 6(M) Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7(N) casting all your anxieties on him, because(O) he cares for you.


I am very tired right now. I didnt sleep well last night due to be anxious. Levi still has a long way to go. He hasnt proved himself quite yet. This is already going way better than last time though. they should be weening him off of the helium in the morning. After that hopefully he will slowly get weened off of vent settings as he proves himself. The next big step is to switch from the non-invasive mask to cpap. Levi is still eating well. He tolerated the formula really well which should help him pack the pounds on. He seems very comfortable and is sleeping well. One more thing to add to Levi's list. He will definately need a hernia procedure before he leaves to go home. This little boy has been through more in his short lifetime then most of us ever will. It is such a blessing to know him.

For my prayer warriors

Levi - Stay off of the vent. Tolerate feedings. No infections. No swelling.

trent & ANjie - sleep & peace




1 comment:

  1. My eyes are filled with tears as I read through this blog site. Just two short years ago my twin boys, Mason and Isaac, were born just shy of 27 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and 2 lbs 1 oz. Your road is one traveled by very few parents, but "God's Grace is sufficient and His Power is made Perfect in Weakness". I encourage you to keep believing, keep trusting, keep putting your hope in the Lord. I know where you are and how you feel and thank goodness you aren't walking this alone. I use to look around the NICU and ask myself, "do the rest of these people know Jesus..the Author of Life? If not, HOW are they surviving?". I will be praying for you.
    Gail - Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete