Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Month 2_Day 23 - Man in the Mirror

Psalm 139 1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

Have you really ever stared into the mirror and examined yourself? I don't mean to make sure your hair is okay or you make up is good. I mean have you ever examined yourself for who you actually are? Most of us are afraid to do that. Most of us are scared to death actually know. I know I had an idea before but I never could have imagined how God would break me down. Through this experience he is showing me who I really am. Through this experience he is showing me who is in that mirror. The guy that I have always been afraid to face. I was afraid because I wouldn't want to admit to myself how flawed I really am. God knows that He has to expose our weaknesses in order to truely teach us. He has to expose them to us in real ways that we can't deny. Its like the first step in rehabilitation in admitting you have a problem. I am thankful that God has chosen me. I am thankful that he loves us that much. He doesn't have to do that for us. He really wants a relationship with all of us. We just have to allow Him to remove that barrior of sin. In my case I am not talking about salvation. In my case I am talking about sanctification. Even as believers we tend to hold onto sin which can hender our growth in Him. I hope to continue to grow closer to Him every day that I walk on this earth.

Levi had a pretty rough day. He needed blood today. This required an IV to be put in. He didnt tolerate that very well. His oxygen requirements were up all day. He finally seems to be settled down. The blood really helped with his heart rate being up. He is continuing to really grow. You can see it on him now. Its very obvious from a quick look how much weight he is putting on. Levi gets his eyes examined tomorrow. Please pray for that. Eye days apparently can be rough. We should know in the morning if his eyes are developing well with all of this oxygen he has required.

For My Prayer Warriors

Levi - To progress with his breathing. No infections. Growth. Eye test.

Trent & Anjie - Peace & patience


7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 139 is one of my FAVE sections of God's Word! May it be a comfort to you & Anjie during this time, that the peace & presence of God would wash over you as you read it, over and over...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete