Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. ~ I Corinthians 13:4-7.

This is the type of love I think about on mothers day. Its the type of love my Mom showed me growing up. Its the type of love that I see in Anjie as she cares for Levi. Most of us men just don't come by this that easily. Some how its just natural for moms. That unconditional love is a love that all of us as believers should live out. My heart broke for Anjie this morning as I sat beside her in church. It really is hard walking in there without Levi week in and week out. Its just not natural at all. We just cant wait to go as a family one day. By the end of the sermon though I was very encouraged. Every characteristic that Pastor Phil spoke of in being a Godly mother Anjie already exemplifies. Its encouraging to know that having a wife as such will make my life much easier when it comes to raising Levi up in Christ. He will have a great example to model himself by. This is the same type of example as I had in my mother growing up. I want to thank my Mom for showing me the way. We don't always follow step by step but a I grew older those memories never left and it was easy to find my way back.

Please believe me when I say no news is good news. There really hasn't been a lot to report. Like I said before the main plan right now is to grow. Levi is up over 5lbs now! He still has a way to go and we were told yesterday that there will be no quick move for surgical intervention on his airway as long as we are still seeing progression of some kind. Please just pray from Levi to grow out of his airway issues & his feeding issues. 






1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful sight!!!! These pics speak volumes as to God's work in Levi's little body! We are so excited to hear that he is still growing and developing as God would have him to. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful wife and it is great that you recognize it so early in your marriage. And it is great that you spoke those words of YOUR MOM! She needs to hear it sometimes and sons are not usually the ones to tell their Mom's like daughters will. I know she is so proud of you and soaked up every word that you said :) Keep up the good life you are leading Trent! You are an inspiration to others!!!

    Love & Prayers,

    Wayne & Sandra

    ReplyDelete